The High Level Interdepartmental Committee (CIMIN) consists of representatives of the appropriate ministries of each Member. The choice of the representatives is a national responsibility.
The CIMIN exercises political control over and gives strategic direction to EUROGENDFOR and assures political-military coordination among the Parties and, where appropriate, with the Contributing States.
Decisions and guidelines related to EUROGENDFOR are adopted unanimously by the Members.
The CIMIN meets twice a year, or at any time at the request of one Member.
Each Member ensures, following a rotation process, the Presidency of the CIMIN for one year.
The Presidency of the CIMIN carries out the following tasks:
- organise and chair the meetings of the CIMIN and its working groups;
- hold the secretariat of the CIMIN and its working groups;
- ensure the flow of information between the CIMIN and the EUROGENDFOR Commander;
- ensure the coordination between the CIMIN and the working groups;
- receive applications for full membership or observer status and requests for co-operation to be forwarded to the CIMIN;
- liaise, at the request of the CIMIN, between the CIMIN and Third States and/or international organisations.
CIMIN WORKING GROUPS
The CIMIN will establish the necessary working groups to enable it to perform its tasks:
- deal with specific issues related to EUROGENDFOR;
- prepare CIMIN’s decisions and instructions;
- follow up CIMIN’s decisions.
CIMIN’s working groups consist of experts from each Member.
Working groups meet as required and report to the CIMIN after each meeting.
You must be logged in to post a comment.