The High Level Interdepartmental Committee (CIMIN) consists of representatives of the appropriate ministries of each Member. The choice of the representatives is a national responsibility.
The CIMIN exercises political control over and gives strategic direction to EUROGENDFOR and assures political-military coordination among the Parties and, where appropriate, with the Contributing States.
Decisions and guidelines related to EUROGENDFOR are adopted unanimously by the Members.
The CIMIN meets twice a year, or at any time at the request of one Member.
Each Member ensures, following a rotation process, the Presidency of the CIMIN for one year.
The Presidency of the CIMIN carries out the following tasks:
- organise and chair the meetings of the CIMIN and its working groups;
- hold the secretariat of the CIMIN and its working groups;
- ensure the flow of information between the CIMIN and the EUROGENDFOR Commander;
- ensure the coordination between the CIMIN and the working groups;
- receive applications for full membership or observer status and requests for co-operation to be forwarded to the CIMIN;
- liaise, at the request of the CIMIN, between the CIMIN and Third States and/or international organisations.
CIMIN WORKING GROUPS
The CIMIN will establish the necessary working groups to enable it to perform its tasks:
- deal with specific issues related to EUROGENDFOR;
- prepare CIMIN’s decisions and instructions;
- follow up CIMIN’s decisions.
CIMIN’s working groups consist of experts from each Member.
Working groups meet as required and report to the CIMIN after each meeting.